Greetings dear readers and welcome once again to Jim’s Toy Box where today we are going to consider some ways to help you surprise your partner and make them feel a little extra special that we hope you use today and beyond the calendar and the Hallmark section. We’ve put together some unique and thoughtful ideas that will strengthen your bond as a romantic couple and as friends. Let’s get to it!
- Volunteer together. Giving back to the community can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience, and it’s a great way to bond and make a difference together.
- Have a spa day at home. Set up a DIY spa day at home with a relaxing bubble bath, massages, and face masks. It’s a great way to unwind and pamper each other.
- Take a dance class. Dancing can be a fun and romantic way to spend time together, and it’s a great workout too.
- Have a “photo scavenger hunt” where you take pictures of certain objects or places and make a scrapbook of memories together.
- This one is completely ironic and maybe even hypocritical to the last suggestion but still, nothing wrong with flipping life on its head) Have a “tech-free day” where you disconnect from all electronic devices and spend time focusing on each other.
Now let’s get flat out silly! If you’re bold enough to partake in any of these suggestions, I’d love to hear the stories and see some pics and videos.
Have a themed “pajama day” where you stay in your pajamas all day and do fun and silly activities together.
- Have a “food fight” where you playfully throw food at each other in the kitchen.
- Have a “pillow fight” where you have a playful fight with pillows.
- Have a “whipped cream fight” where you cover each other in whipped cream and take silly pictures.
- Have a “water balloon fight” where you have a playful fight with water balloons.
- Have a “no talking day” where you communicate with each other only through gestures and facial expressions.
- Have a “reverse roles day” where you switch roles and do things the way your partner usually does them.
- Have a “silly hat day” where you wear silly hats all day and take pictures.
- Have a “silly dance competition” where you invent your own silly dances and compete against each other.
- Have a “silly accent day” where you talk to each other in silly accents for the whole day.
Today we hope we’ve given you some unique and thoughtful ideas for Valentine’s Day and beyond to help strengthen the bond between you and your romantic partner and in turn make you even better friends that will transcend into a lifetime of wondrous experiences, adventures and memories that will last longer than any store bought item (but don’t forget the flowers, fellas. They still matter when you mean it,)
So until tomorrow go live, laugh, learn and most importantly PLAY!