Happy Independence Day my fellow American’s and dear readers from all over the globe who have found it in their surfing routines to pop into my Toy Box on a regular basis! To celebrate I am extremely excited and honored to get another opportunity to review some really sweet stuff courtesy of the great folks at Entertainment Earth and Royal Bobbles! AND the even better part is I get to give it away when I’m done (That’s the part where you cheer really loud). As far as the contest goes… I’ll give you the lowdown on that at the end of this fun little romp through Bobble Head land.
Being that I am a giving guy I also present to you the full line up of Royal Bobble Heads available NOW (and on sale through July 8th, 2014 ) at Entertainment Earth.
To really get into the spirit of the season check out this super sweet line up of our commanders in chief… ( I still think its a travesty that President Taft has gotten the shaft so far. But in fairness I’d bet shipping that big lug would get pricey.)
Confession time: Prior to this promotion I didn’t have a terrible amount of interest in bobble heads. I thought they were funny but not exactly my cup of collecting tea. However actually having them in my hands I gotta tell you, these are indeed a lot of fun to have around the house. I’m actually a little bummed that I am going to be parting ways with these fellow’s and gal but since it’s you dear reader I know they’ll be going to a great home. I am however going to be adding “The Count” to my own collection very soon because he’s just that damn cool!
For this review a lot of the basic points are consistent with each and every one of these. So I’ll start by saying that:
1. The overall quality of each figure is top shelf. Being that my collection consists mostly of plastic items it was a cool change up to have these ceramic marvels in hand. With that said please note, these bobble heads are NOT TOYS and not intended for children under the age of 13. That of course does not in any shape or form take away from these fantastic collectibles.
Having gotten the taste for them I can see they are a lot of fun and can even lead to inspiration! Think about the ideas that your muse could whisper in your ear once it was tweaked by the likes of these historical icons….
It’s like that pondering of “Which five people would you love to have dinner with?” Except in this case it’s not hypothetical, it’s a totally real option!
2. The packaging is colorful, informative and designed so the figures are protected perfectly for storage or for shipping off to someone as a gift. Speaking of which…
3. They make excellent gifts! Seriously. Considering the wide range of personalities available , when your looking for that “fun” gift for someone these are awesome!
Or your raging liberal pals will be driven bonkers by the cool confidence that can only come from the Gipper? But of course these fun bobble heads are not just meant for irony, they’re great conversation pieces and a solid way to help break the ice on those friends and coworkers who up until the point that they get one of these from you, never really understood your collecting hobby.
4. The price point is also good for gifting be it personal or for the office party. Ranging from a MSRP of $18.99 to $24.99 the price tag stays within the comfort level of good taste and office gift etiquette plus it would be a fun way for you to play without breaking your own budget over that loser in accounting that you actually can’t stand but unfortunately drew his name out of the hat. Seriously, it’s what Jesus would do.
5. Again I wasn’t a big bobble head fan before but now I totally get it. What a fun way to grab a snapshot of past and current pop culture personalities! Not only do you get to show you are the most tuned in kid around the water cooler, once the fad fades you’ve got a really cool reminder of something that made your life a little brighter. Like those times when you marathon watched American Pickers so you were boned up for yard sale season.
Those are the main points I feel the need to point out as positives. In my normal style I try to point out any negatives that I see or offer up my thoughts on why you shouldn’t buy a particular item. In this instance I can honestly say I got nothing. The price is good, the quality is excellent, the idea is fun and the end result will leave you and anyone you happen to gift one of these to smiling. To prove my point on the gift aspect I now offer you the chance to get one as a gift from me to you. But this time around I am going to make you work for it a little. Here’s how the game works:
Below you will see 6 videos that feature lots of looks at the Royal Bobbles that Entertainment Earth sent me for the sake of this review. What you have to do is watch them and write down the “Independence Day Code Phrase” when it comes up in the video.
Once you’ve done that jot ’em all down in an email and send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, mailing address and the six “Independence Day Code Phrase’s”
NOW HERE”S THE MOST IMPORTANT PART –
In the subject line you have to say which one of the six you want to win. A couple hoops to jump through but come on gang it’s FREE STUFF!
And now for the rules:
No purchase necessary to enter (but feel free to buy as much and many as you want)…
Contest ends August 1st, 2014 at 12:01 AM Central. So get your submissions in and have everyone else you know to play along. I’m actually really curious to see which of the Royal Bobbles is the most and least popular.
The odds of winning are completely determined by the number of entries received. So at this point you truly do have just as good a shot as anybody.
Of course once you’ve collected all of the “Independence Day Code Phrase’s” you could share them with the world, but that would be a terrible douche bag thing to do. So don’t or I will disqualify you, block you and let everyone know it was you. I’m an easy going guy but really loath anyone who wants to ruin it for everyone else.
I will never, EVER share any of your contact information. In fact I don’t even keep a database for my own use. This is a fun place free from annoying marketing outreaches beyond whats on these pages. And I don’t do spammy emails. You may like that sort of thing but I don’t so I don’t do it. To quote Val Kilmer as the legendary gambler Doc Holliday; “My hypocrisy only goes so far.”
Alright all of that’s out of the way: Happy Independence Day and Now, Go Play!
America’s First President and a mighty fine dancer; George Washington!
America’s Sixteenth President and a helluva wrestler from what I understand; Abraham Lincoln
Our current Commander In Chief that has two more years (as of this writing) to do something that will effectively piss off everyone in the country at least once; Barack Obama.
Every G.I.’s favorite extended family member; Uncle Sam
The lady who convinced an entire nation that indeed we could do it; Rosie the Riveter
And finally America’s one true King, coming at you in his Aloha from Hawaii duds; Elvis Aaron Presley
So there ya go gang, watch ’em, jot down and email in the “Jim’s Toy Box / Entertainment Earth / Royal Bobbles – Independence Day Code Phrase’s” to email@example.com and be sure to show and tell your friends about this contest .